Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer

Community

Temporary change to postal arrangements on Saturdays

From 2 May Royal Mail will temporarily no longer deliver letters on a Saturday, except for Special Delivery Guaranteed, and 1st and 2nd Class Signed For services. Royal Mail will continue to provide a letter delivery service from Monday to Friday as normal. Accordingly, during this temporary period, Saturday will not be considered a ‘working day’ for all letters except for Special Delivery Guaranteed and 1st and 2nd Class Signed For.

We’ll Meet Again

Lyrics: We’ll Meet Again

We’ll meet again
Don’t know where
Don’t know when
But I know we’ll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
‘Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away

So will you please say hello
To the folks that I know
Tell them I won’t be long
They’ll be happy to know
That as you saw me go
I was singing this song

We’ll meet again
Don’t know where
Don’t know when

We’ll meet again
Don’t know where
Don’t know when
Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
‘Til the blue skies
Drive the dark clouds far away
So will you please say hello
To the folks that I know
Tell them it won’t be long
They’ll be happy to know
That as you saw me go
I was singin’ this song

We’ll meet again
Don’t know where
Don’t know when

Her Majesty The Queen to send a message to the nation to mark 75th anniversary of VE Day

To mark this historic occasion, Her Majesty The Queen will send a message to the nation at 9pm on BBC One, the exact moment her father, King George VI, gave a radio address in 1945. 

Following The Queen’s 9pm address to the nation there will be a national singalong of Dame Vera Lynn’s ‘We’ll Meet Again’. Residents of Fairfield, Wildmoor & Stoneybridge are encouraged to open their doors and join in with this national moment of celebration.

The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport has produced a template pack so that the public can hold a 1940s style afternoon tea party at home complete with homemade VE Day bunting, original recipes, games, and educational and creative activities for children.