This notice is to share with you details on how we intend to deliver a safe Village Hall for all our users.
Fairfield Village Hall is a multi-purpose use facility and we have adopted protocols that will help ensure that our venue is safe for you and for all our Hall users.
We have adopted protocols that comply with the letter and spirit of Government guidelines and we have taken advice from ACRE (who provide national village hall support) and our insurers. Some of our Hall Users may hire other venue as well as ours. Some venues may have interpreted Government guidance differently. The notice details protocols and documents that we have adopted; written by ACRE, adapted to reflect our Hall.
As you know, the Government guidance does change. The local and national infection (R) rate will determine local and national response to contain Covid-19. Therefore, our protocols and conditions of use are subject to change. This notice was correct as at 15th July 2020.
There are 5 key points to help stop the spread of Covid-19:
- Minimise contact with individuals who are unwell: Nobody should attend the premises if they have symptoms or are self-isolating due to symptoms in their household.
- Clean your hands often: Sanitiser can be found in the foyer and soap, running water and paper towels in the toilets kitchen.
- Respiratory hygiene: Everyone needs to be encouraged to avoid touching their mouth, eyes, and nose. Tissues need to be disposed of into a bin, then hands cleaned. “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it” .
- Regular cleaning of surfaces that are touched frequently: including door handles, handrails, tabletops, sinks, toilet areas, kitchen surfaces. Cleaning products are provided and can be found in the Cleaning Cupboard. Disinfectant spray and wipes can be found in the foyer.
- Maintain social distancing where possible: Social distancing guidelines currently require at least 2 metres (3 steps) to be maintained between individuals and groups of up to 2 households where possible and, where not possible, 1metre plus other mitigation measures.
Use of Hall Instructions
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: The Village Hall chairs have upholstered backs and seats, are they safe to use?
A: It is all a matter of risk assessment. The emphasis is on cleaning frequently touched surfaces and cleaning hands regularly. The chairs tend to be touched less frequently than, for example, tabletops, door, and toilet handles. Ask your volunteers/users to be extra vigilant about regular use of hand sanitiser, especially before getting out and stowing these chairs. They may wish to use gloves when handling chairs.
All documents relating to the Use of Hall Instructions must be read and understood before we will consider permitting any use of the Village Hall. Any Group that does not comply with instructions given will be told to leave the Hall.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Village Hall Chair of Trustees (Conrad Palmer) email@example.com