The British artist William Henry Davis (Circa 1786 – 1865) painted “Colonel Newport Charlett’s Favourite Greyhounds, at Hanley Court, Worcestershire” in 1831. The painting sold at auction in December 2020 for £56,250.
Hanley Court, Worcestershire, was built in the early 18th century, remodelled around 1750 and demolished around 1930.
The site of the former country house, whose stable block survives, includes a walled kitchen garden, a fishpond, a formal garden and walks. The site is open to visitors the address Hanley William, Worcestershire, WR15 8QT.
In 1840, Colonel Newport Charlotte owned a parcel of land adjacent to Bournheath Road that was rented out to John Pheasey who grew crops on this piece of land. This piece of land is opposite what is now 47 – 55 Bournheath Road.