The Bromsgrove District Plan 2011-2030 is being reviewed.
The current Bromsgrove District Plan (BDP), which was adopted in January 2017, forms part of the statutory development plan for the district, it sets out the Council’s vision and strategy for the area until 2030 and provides the basis for decisions on planning applications.
The current adopted Plan only allocates enough land to provide 4,700 of the 7,000 dwellings required to meet the District’s need for the 2011-2030 period. The Council recognises that there may be a need to assist with the identification of land to meet the housing shortfall within the wider West Midlands sub-region.
The plan is usually reviewed every 5 years.
The District Council needs help to identify all of the planning issues facing Bromsgrove in order to develop appropriate policies to address them. The issues and Options consultation is open until the 19th November 2018 and the Council will be seeking views on the following:
- Strategic Issues for Bromsgrove District
- Town Centre and Local Centres
- Social Infrastructure
- Natural & Historic Environment
- Climate Change and Water Resources
Consultation documents are online and can be downloaded from the Council website:
- Issues and Options Consultation Document
- Green Belt Purpose Assessment Methodology
- Site Selection Methodology
- Sustainability Appraisal Report
- Sustainability Appraisal Report Appendices
- Sustainability Scoping report
- Policy Review Table
To give the Council your views
- It is preferred that you make your representation on this official comments form online here.
- It is important to specify which part of the document you are commenting on.
- Alternatively, you can download, print, complete and return this paper version